Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Sound on after prosessing?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Actor:
    [QB]If you're going to do this my advice is to pay a little extra and get the balance stripe as well as the main stripe. The balance stripe is narrower and goes on the other edge of the film so it winds onto the reel evenly. Plus I've heard that some projectors will let you record a second channel on the balance stripe for stereo.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Several projectors can edit sound on both tracks/stripes. Stereo or dual /single sound tracks. Some can dub/mix sound / sound on sound independantly on each track even at programmed frame accurate inserts. Example High End Bauers. Also capable of dubbing in echo effects on the same track from recorded sound.

    R

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JackMartinEF:
    So, can re-record onto it?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes - just like an ordinary tape recorder.

    R

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by oldasdirt:
    So Fuji still post stripes?I never knew they did.I always thought that wasn't possible with a mylar base film.

    Marty
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it is a adhesive tape stripe.

    http://andecfilm.de/html/single8e.htm

    It is possible to get it transferred to DVD as well when processed.


    Single8 info kl

    R

  4. #14
    Inactive Member JackMartinEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lastly, Where can I get these done in the UK? I tryed those phone numbers that someone linked to earlier but they no longer work. So does anyone know of a place in the UK that isnt too expensive. Or maybe somewhere I could by a home kit device for doing it myself - please give name of the device so I can search myself.

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've heard other people on various boards speak very highly of this company for striping:

    E.V.T Magnetics
    Havenhurst, Pashley Rd Ticehurst
    Wadhurst East Sussex
    TN5 7HE

    Tel: 01580 200528

    E-mail:
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •